Friday 19 August 2011

Summer favorites :-)

Wpis w wersji polskiej
P1000598 copy
Ottawa, view from my hotel room

A while ago Heidi from 101 Cookbooks blog started a series of posts to share her monthly favorites with the readers. Similar series has been also created by a Polish Food blogger, Ania .
I find the idea of the series absolutely brilliant. It made me discover whole lots of interesting places, sites, books, events and lots of other stuff. Hope that the authors of the series won't mind if I use the idea to create a similar list on my blog.

For the beginning, let me share with you all my favorites of this summer:

By Ward Market in Ottawa- a beautiful market with lots of little shops, bakeries, fruit and vegetables stalls, cafés, restaurants, handmade stuff and… Polish delicatessen.

Gelato- this summer I’ve tried mango, passion fruit, stracciatella, tiramisu and my absolutely favorite flavor Frutti Di Bosco from Pure Gelato in Ottawa.

Adele - listened to her days and nigh, definitely album of the summer, not only cause her CD was the only one I took with me while traveling , it also played in almost all the stores, cafés and restaurants in Ottawa :-) My favorite song: Someone Like You.

Fountain in the downtown – there's nothing more pleasant than a rest on a bench next to the fountain hidden in the shadow of beautiful buildings …and this fountain is really magic, the first wish I asked for when throwing a coin came true the next day. A day before coming back home went there again with another wish. Will it come truth? hmm...

Starbucks –spent hours there preparing projects and studying. Good music, not bad coffee and Internet access compensated not so good service ;-)

Hotel room on 22nd floor – I've always wanted to live in an apartment located above 20th floor!!!

Bookstores and sales – in one of them I finally found the two books I'd been looking for a very long time: Indulgence: Cupcakes (the recipe for the Rhubarb Muffins comes from it) and Indulgence: Slices (recipe coming soon)

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend,

Karo

1 comment: