Saturday 13 August 2011

Comebacks

Wpis w wersji polskiej

RhubarbMuffins6964b copy

This year's August is my time of comebacks: a little bit painful comeback to reality after wonderful one-month vacation, as well as happy comeback to my home, friends and my cat that I missed dearly. It's also a comeback to dreams, passions and interests that I put aside for a while. And finally, it's a comeback to my blog. After such a long absence, I feel a little bit anxious…hope you didn't forget me?


RhubarbMuffins_6892 copy

For the start, I have prepared for you Rhubarb muffins with hibiscus water. I have discovered hibiscus water by chance while looking for rose water the recipe called for. I was sure that it would make a perfect pair with rhubarb. And it really did. The muffins turned out truly delicious. The addition of yogurt to the dough gave them soft velvety structure and the delicate hibiscus flavor made the muffins a little bit exotic.
Have a nice weekend everyone,
Karo
RhubarbMuffins031 copy

Rhubarb Muffins (with a slightly exotic note)
Makes about: 15

DRY INGREDIENTS:
150 g (1 1/2 cups) rhubarb, finely sliced
+ 30 extra pieces to garnish
310 g (2 1/2 cups) self-rising flour, sifted
230 g (1 cup) caster sugar

WET INGREDIENTS:
1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
2 eggs, lightly beaten
125 g (1/2 cup) plain yogurt
1 tbsp. hibiscus water (or rose water)
125 g (4 1/2 oz) unsalted butter, melted

Preheat the oven to 180 C (350F). Line 15 muffin holes with paper cases.
Combine the rhubarb, flour, and sugar in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine vanilla, eggs, yogurt and hibiscus water.
Add the wet ingredients together with melted butter to the dry ingredients stirring with a wooden spoon until the mixture is just combined.
Spoon the mixtures into the cases, then top with extra pieces of rhubarb.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the center of a cake.
Transfer onto a wire rack to cool.


RhubarbMuffins6854 copy

1 comment:

Michel Monette said...

Je ne vous ai pas oublié, non. Je vous suis avec plaisir :-)